Saturday, February 5, 2011
Blame it on the Changes
You can blame it on the changes
I can take it any way it is
Just got lost but we both found
We need this more than ever
So. The rain at night is beautiful. I hate rain when its in the day. Its nasty, dark, moist. The sun is gone, and the world just seems gloomy. Its really hard to be happy when it rains. But at night its different.
When its night, the rain is beautiful. It flits and patters into the street. There's nothing quite like it. And when you stand under a streetlight and you watch the rain fall, its magical.
With that one yellow light watching the water trickle on the street. The way you can't see the rain, but you know its there. that strange wet smell and the charge in the air. the way the rain sounds as it hits the ground, and how it feels when it hits your hands.
Its like that one seen in Spiderman, where Mary Jane meets Spiderman for the first time. and its raining and there are a bunch of creepy beat up men groveling in pain on the street, but the two just ignore that and look at only each other. And as the rain falls and they kiss and the audience "aaawwwss".
I don't really know how to phrase it. but try it sometime. Next time it rains at night, go outside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like this post.
ReplyDeleteHaha. Why? I don't know how to say it. I've done it perfectly before in words, but i couldn't put them on paper.
ReplyDeleteawwwww. youre adorable hyun.
ReplyDeletethis is beautiful writing, and i feel the same way about rain too
ReplyDeleteI wanted to right something less technically perfect, something with voice, emotion, and style.
ReplyDeleteIts because all of these lit essays have been analysis or arguement papers, and those are no fun to write.